With the growing popularity of the One Health concept, the Olympic Sports, with its unparalleled influence, has taken on more social responsibility for health communication and made a great contribution to the development of human health. The "Olympic Sports and Health Communication" program will enable students to better master the theoretical and practical knowledge of Olympic sports development and health communication, to understand the in-depth interaction between health communication and Olympic development, and to cultivate new sports and cultural talents with a global perspective and awareness of comprehensive health, who are capable of cross-cultural comparison and academic research, and who can work in international sports organizations and sports and health communication agencies.
Highlights of the Program
1. 2-year schooling in Shanghai, one of the biggest cities in the world.
2. Master’s degree and possibilities of advancing to doctoral studies.
3. 2 times/year field trips of Chinese culture immersion.
4. Cutting-edge research directions and experienced tutor team.
5. Financial support for round-trip airfare (economy class) incurred for one oral presentation at an international conference abroad.
6. Extraordinary scholarship to cover all tuition, on-campus accommodation, medical insurance and monthly stipend.
About Shanghai University of Sport
Shanghai University of Sport (SUS) is a designated Chinese Government Scholarship university and a pilot institution designated by China’s Ministry of Education to independently enroll international students available to Chinese government scholarships. By the end of 2022, SUS has had exchange and collaborations with 149 universities and organizations from 46 countries and regions, including 19 programs of mutual recognition of credits with the top 50 universities in the QS World University Rankings. More than 1,800 students from more than 60 countries and regions, including the United States, France, Germany, Japan and South Korea, have learned at SUS. Currently SUS is ranking top 50 in the world and top 1 in Asia, as per ARWU’s Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments 2022.
Main Courses of the Program
Theories and Methods of Traditional Chinese Health Preserving, The Olympic Sports and Sports Development in Asia, Exercise and Health Promotion, Qualitative Research Methods in Sports, Health Communication, Chinese Sports Culture, Ancient Olympic Games,The History of China's Participation in the Olympic Sports, Diffusion of Innovations Theory of Rogers
Fan Hong, Zhang Yunya, Zheng Jiakun, Wu Jian, Li Youqiang, Xiong Huan, Liu Yang, Wu Wen, Cai Yan
Deadline for Application
April 30, 2023
● Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens holding foreign ordinary passports, who shall be in good health both mentally and physically and shall be aged under 35.
● Applicants shall have the disciplinary background and research capabilities required for the program applied for
● Applicants shall have obtained the Bachelor's degree.
● Applicants shall meet at least one of the following language requirements:
1) Applicants' native language is English;
2) Applicants can provide valid IELTS or TOEFL scores (IELTS scores not lower than overall band 6.5 or TOEFL scores not lower than 80 points);
3) Applicants have obtained a bachelor's degree or above taught in English.
● The GPA of the previous period of study shall not be lower than 3.0 points, or an average score of all subjects shall not be lower than 75 points.
● Applicants shall have no criminal records.
● One copy of valid passport.
● One copy of the graduation or degree certificate (If the original is issued in languages other than Chinese or English, please provide a notarized translated copy in Chinese or English); if the applicant is a new graduate, please submit one pre-graduate certificate presented by one's school.
● One copy of the school report of the undergraduate period (If the original is issued in languages other than Chinese or English, please provide a notarized translated copy in Chinese or English).
● Applicants whose native language is not English shall provide a copy of a valid IELTS or TOEFL test certificate or an original document proving equivalent language proficiency.
● One learning plan or research proposal written in English.
● One resume written in English, including educational and working experience, research results, and learning plans.
● Recommendation letters in English from two professors or associate professors.
● Tutor's pre-acceptance letter (if any).
● Previous research results/academic papers (if any).
● One copy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
● One video (MP4) with a length of less than 3 minutes to introduce yourself in English.
● Certificate of No Criminal Records or Commitment on No Criminal Records.
● Letter of Guarantee or Bank Statement proving a minimum bank deposit of CNY 100,000.
● Payment certificate for the registration fee (CNY 500 or USD 80).
Step 1: Online application
Log in to "Shanghai University of Sport - International Student Service System" (http://admission.sus.edu.cn) to register, fill in the registration form, upload the required documents (in electronic version), and submit the applications.
Step 2: Paying the registration fee
The registration fee is USD 80 or CNY 500 (which will not be refunded once paid), which shall be paid online or remitted to Shanghai University of Sport:
Account name: Shanghai University of Sport
Account number: 033267-00881002983
Bank of deposit: Xiangyin Sub-branch, Shanghai Branch, Agricultural Bank of China
Address: No. 650, Qingyuan Ring Road, Yangpu District
Please state the passport name of the applicant and "registration fee" when making a remittance.
Applicants to this program are eligible for the Principal's Scholarship for International Students of Shanghai University of Sport subject to the following funding criteria:
1. Students granted with the scholarship are exempted from the tuition, on-campus accommodation expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses;
2. Students granted with the scholarship will receive living expenses in an amount of CNY 3,000/month;
3. The Excellent Student Scholarship is established to provide one-time reward to students achieving high-level research results during their academic year;
4. Students will receive financial support for round-trip airfare (economy class) incurred for one oral presentation at an international conference abroad.
Review and Acceptance Process
1.Students file applications online;
2.Personnel of the Office of International Students Services preliminarily review application documents for integrity and validity;
3.Colleges organize academic reviews and interviews for applications who have provided complete application documents;
4.The International Student Enrollment Leading Group finalize the list of acceptance;
5.Personnel of the Office of International Students Services announce the pre-admission results;
6.Personnel of the Office of International Students Services send pre-acceptance notices to accepted applicants and prepare formal acceptance documents.
Office of International Student, Shanghai University of Sport
Room 115, Building No. 4, Lane 531, Qingyuan Ring Road, Yangpu District, Shanghai, the People's Republic of China
TO CHECK MORE DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM DESCRIPTION, PLEASE REFER TO THE ANNEX OF THIS ENROLLMENT GUIDE.